Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Message from the Hopi Nation

There’s an awesome quote titled “A Hopi Elder Speaks” that (for now) can also be found in the left nav of Ali’s blog. Glimpsed it a few times over the past week, but just today took the time to read it because she mentioned it in the body of her post. Again with the timing of messages being exactly appropriate for when I need to hear them! I’m just shaking my head in grateful belief.

The statements that resound most strongly for me from the quote are:

  • "...this is the Hour"
  • "What are you doing? Are you in right relation? Where is your water? Know your garden. It is time to speak your Truth. Create your community. And do not look outside yourself for the leader."
  • "There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are torn apart and will suffer greatly."
  • "Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above water."
  • "...we are to take nothing personally, Least of all ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt."
  • "The time for the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!"
  • "All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration."
  • "We are the ones we've been waiting for."

When I cut out and paste together the stuff that means the most to me (particularly the statements I bolded above), it almost becomes a whole different quote, one that feels tailored-made to fit the situation that I am finding myself in now. The same exact words take on a whole new meaning and power. That’s so cool and amazing to me.

No comments: